Friday 1 June 2012

The new cooking routine and places to visit

Nicola introduced a new cooking routine in which all the children living in the house (Ben, Ali, Marcus and I) contribute to one day of cooking every week. I’m a terribly, terribly inexperienced cook and my “proper” cooking experiences can be counted by using just one hand; all of them to do with Ben actually, and with his help. I’m not fond of cooking, but if it’s for somebody I love I’ll be more than happy to do it. And the fact that Ben is still healthily bouncing up and down shows at least my food isn’t poisonous. He says it’s delicious, but I think he’s just being too nice, or the food I did was so low-level that everyone can do it.

    Ben and I have chosen Thursdays to be our cooking day but he has work until 5:30pm today so I had to start on my own. We decided to do chicken fried rice. I was most panicked about the rice because I’d never cooked rice without a rice-cooker before. But it turned out all right! I successfully measured the right amount and the rice was neither too dry nor too soggy. I think I’ve got some rice-cooking genes in me~ ^^ I put chicken, onion, garlic, broccoli and eggs into my dish. It wasn’t too bad and most importantly, it tasted Chinese to me! Phew phew~

the wok scene and the mess


    From tomorrow Ben and I will start to embark on our reception-venue-visiting journey! Our first stop is Old Thorns tomorrow morning and Elvetham on Saturday morning. I sent the pictures of these two places to my dad and he really likes the view of them. Maybe we will have the reception in a hotel after all, so we can relieve some of Nicola’s stress. But we’re still in our first stage of planning, we need to visit as many places as possible to have a clear idea what we want. Nicola recommended a very good website that’s gonna be our tour guide for the next month.



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Oh, by the way, as you may have noticed I didn’t take the picture of that wedding dress off. Ben and I are not a traditional couple and I chose my engagement ring, so I think it’s fair to ask him for some advice on my wedding dress – of course I won’t wear the final piece in front of him before our wedding to cook for him or anything. And it’s helpful to know that he thinks my blueprint dress looks like underwear haha~

No comments:

Post a Comment