Wednesday 27 June 2012

More cooking and a gift honeymoon!

Ben: Goodwood is booked! Our venue is finally set and we are now free to move into the next stages of planning. There’s still a lot to do: guest lists need finalisation, entertainment needs arranging, decorations need to be sorted out, and food and drink need sorting (Miki: Ben I think there’re some problems with your priority). On top of all that there will inevitably be a million other details that we still need to get our teeth into; wedding planning isn’t easy (take it easy, there’s still another one waiting for us).
the contract and the envelope

    In other news we were visited on Monday by my Godfather, Father Howard James.
Ben with his Godfather Howard and Godmother Gina

24 years later~

    Miki put a great deal of effort into welcoming him with a fantastic Chinese meal of four different dishes, I helped a bit too (You helped loads!).

the ingredients

preserving the chicken and beef

Dinner Time!

    After dinner Howard told us about his planned wedding gift to us: 5 days in Rome with a guided tour of the Vatican! We are still in shock about this, it is a better honeymoon than I dared to dream of (originally we had planned to put off honeymooning until later on when our finances were better balanced). )Ö(
Rome and Vatican see you at New Year!

    I won’t write about the details of the trip because this blog is not for gloating and a honeymoon is something between a bride and groom, not for sharing with the whole world!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

♥The Flashback Corner♥

I’ve decided from this blog on I’m going to write a little something of our stories: i.e. how we met; how we started going out etc. Let’s start with my first impression of Ben today!

    Ben and I both studied at University of Westminster. His major was Chinese and mine was English. He had a 4-year programme with 1 year in China and I had a 3-year programme. The first time that I saw him (which he didn’t notice) was in the dining hall at uni. He was doing his homework (well I think, at least he was writing/drawing something with a pen) and I was walking by with a friend. Guess how I noticed this boy? Yeah of course because of his hair and the first movement I saw him doing was flipping back his hair. So my first impression of him is gay (please excuse my lack of knowledge of the distinction between hetro- and homosexual people).
Ben has inherited his mother’s beauty

2 comments: