Tuesday 22 May 2012

A wedding dress coincidence!

Ben finally contacted me! Yeah yeah he’s as safe and bouncy as a cucumber! I’m so so relieved! During the past almost 48 hours I had my phone with me wherever I went, even to the loo, just in case he called. Apparently his phone doesn’t work in France; he did try to text me but it didn’t come through, so he borrowed Tom’s (his Si-fu) phone and called me. Oh Ben you really need to work harder, both in Kung-Fu and in your mobile’s signalbility! ^^

    According to the plan I went to London yesterday. As I was walking to the station I felt less and less depressed. It was such a nice day! For the past year I was only concerned to get to the station on time so I wouldn’t miss the train to uni, but totally ignored such beautiful scenery! And at that time Ben called me, which made my mood completely trampoline back!


    Since I don’t really have any idea how my wedding should look like, Nicola suggested me buying some wedding magazines. So these are what I got from yesterday’s shopping (which was the first fortune I spent for our wedding. Ben still hasn’t bought me the ring yet, haha):




    I started to have some ideas of what I want my wedding and reception to look like by going through these with Nicola (and she was having SO much fun!). I have decided that I want a “Christmas wedding with Chinese characteristics. We two cultures share the same festive colours red and gold, so I can fully use them to decorate the church and the marquee. How does that sound?

    I even singled out the blueprint for my wedding dress! The spooky thing was it looked so similar to Nicola’s one from 25 years ago! Proves it really is a timeless classic style. When I saw her wedding photo I had geese-lumps all over me…


    By the way I was only doing magazine-limited window-shopping to get ideas. I wasn’t paid by this Justin Alexander guy to advertise his dresses (actually I have no idea who he is and not a clue what this dress costs), I just think it looks gorgeous, maybe better with gloves in winter. Oh oh and Nicola and I both like high collars, what a coincidence! For further details of this dress and a 360° enlarged look please click here (the link is tested upon posting).

    The Korean food I had for supper was lovely, and I didn’t have to pay! It was my friend’s treat. ^^ The restaurant (called “Kimchee”←please click for more details if you’re interested, link tested upon posting) is in Holborn. I highly recommend it! My friend’s boyfriend works there (that’s also one of the reasons I’m encouraging you to go).



    If you are interested in my Chinese blog please click here~

No comments:

Post a Comment